Friday, September 14, 2018

My learning experience

This has been a very interesting class. I feel like I am going to learn so much as the semester goes on. To be honest I thought twitter was going to be busy work at first. As the weeks have gone on I feel like with twitter I am learning about new ideas from what I have found and from my classmates. I am excited about all the new things I am learning this semester as it will help shape me as a future teacher. This class does involve a great amount of time working on classwork, but it will be beneficial when I student teach. I am starting my week off by looking at the work for this class early each week. This has helped me stay on track with my work and take the time to provide quality work. I have already started looking for museums to use in our group project. I attended an event this past weekend at the Gregory Creek Homestead museum. My daughter wanted to attend this event and I found it very interesting. As we walked around in my mind I thought about ways I can incorporate this into my future classroom. I used it as a learning experience for my daughter and myself. We talked about how people lived during this time and the difference between then and now. I feel that my learning this month relates to standard 3 Teachers know the content they teach. As I unpack standards, tweet and find local museums, I am learning information that I can apply in my future classroom. All of this information will help me align my instruction with the NC standards. I can also connect my learning to NC teacher standard 4 teachers integrate and utilize technology in their instruction. Through tweeting, creating videos I am learning how I can use different types of technology in my future classroom. 

6 comments:

  1. This is awesome Elizabeth!! I'm so glad you got to attend the Gregory Creek Homestead Museum. I researched it online and it's similar to the Hezekiah Alexander museum, here in Charlotte NC. I didn't think about standard 4 being used in this class but it absolutely is. I am currently still trying to figure out google docs and I know lots of teachers use this in their classrooms and to plan lessons with other teachers and facilitators. Creating videos is definitely something I would use in my classroom with my students. Having them pair up and create a video to share on the smartboard is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Elizabeth! This is a great blog post. I also thought that the twitter assignments were pointless until I started doing it. I am learning so much through them, and things that I can use in my future classroom. That is neat that you had a chance to go to the museum and I can see how that was a great learning experience for both you and your daughter. I like how you were able to connect all of this to standard 4, I honestly do not think I would of thought about making that connection to that standard. Again, great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great first blog. I have to agree I really thought the twitter post would be hard but I have found that it is very fun and there is so much great information out there and available on twitter. Who would have thought! I have also been looking at museums in the area. I think we are in the same group and I am very excited for that project and to catch up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Afternoon!
    I agree, I thought that Twitter was going to be a lot of work too, especially when I don't use Twitter often at all! I love your idea of taking time to look at this class at the beginning of the week to provide quality work, I think this will help you tremendously! And going to a museum and relating it back to your own learning experiences is going to be so helpful, especially when you do your virtual museum! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there!

    It is so wonderful to see that you are really learning how to efficiently use technology! That will be so so beneficial in your future classroom! Your virtual museum will depend so much on that, and you future kiddos will absolutely love you for it! It sounds like you are learning so much! I enjoyed your post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well well well! I am glad to see that your mindset is beginning to change about how you can use Twitter as a professional tool. YEA!

    ReplyDelete