October 12, 2018
I am so happy fall is finally here. It is my favorite time of the year, there are so many activities and opportunities to spend time with the family. I am excited and nervous about starting my observations this semester. Getting to see how everything works in a classroom is my favorite part. I learn so much from teachers and from my own experience during subbing.
I continue to learn and find several resources from twitter that I can use in my future classroom. This week’s tweets I even branched out and found a resource on Facebook from our local library. Iredell public library has a special font for people with dyslexia. I think this is a great resource for teachers to share with students. We are learning about dyslexia in EDU 306, and ways to plan instruction for our students.
During this month I learned how to flip a lesson through a program called Sophia. This has been a great learning experience that I will utilize in my future classroom. In the 21stcentury classes, teachers need to find ways to engage their students and prepare an active learning experience. I can connect this learning experience to NCTS to standard three, teachers know the content they teach. This learning experience will help me plan my lessons and instruction relevant to the students. A flipped lesson is an example of teachers should know the content they teach, bring out the students curiosity and interest.
Wow - that resource seems like a great find! Would you mind sharing this resource with the class?
ReplyDelete